+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple of Questions about screen cleaning

Couple of Questions about screen cleaning

I've been lurking on this site forever and been really thinking I needed an ATS for the past year. Well the time has come and I need to make one this weekend. Couple of questions first:

1. I'm struggling finding the easiest way to clean the screen. What is the easiest way to hook up the screen so that you can take it down to clean?
    Is having a union on the inlet the easiest and best way?
    Or is clipping the screen to the plumbing where you undue the screen and take it to the sink (for example: shower curtain clips or plastic plumbing pieces)?

2. If you could make any changes to your scrubber to make maintenance easier, what would it be?

My build coming soon after these questions.

Kevin

Banned
    I use velcro myself.. never had any issues with it, still working perfect years later.

Banned
    1) union is easiest

2) I use beaded cable ties, but they're hard to find, I buy them in packs of 100 for $13 shipped. The velcro ties are easy to find (wal-mart or anywhere else). Or you can take a piece of pipe coupler and cut a ring out of it and the cut a gap in the ring and slide over the pipe, then rotate it to remove the screen, rotate back to hold screen in place. Or regular zip-ties, cut and replace with each cleaning.

They aren't as good as the beaded ties, but I'm using something similar with triangles that comes with the salt I buy (they keep the plastic bag inside the 5g bucket closed). They were free and I have a new one ever couple months

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information