+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Algie turf scrubber screen holders

Algie turf scrubber screen holders

I made and installed a single sided turf scrubber for my saltwater system. I was seeing that most pepole used zipties to retain the screen to pvc pipe but i wanted something simpler. I used a smooth connector fitting for the sized pipe i was making the scrubber from to make the retainers for the screen. This may have already been done before. But hear is a short video that kind of shows what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebTs...e_gdata_player

Banned
    Looks good, someone i think did that, as well as shower curtain clips.. lol.

On a side note, looks like that screen is pretty big.. do you feed that much?

Not sure on the cube size of the scrubber but there are 3 diffrent tanks beeing fed daily at difrent intervals it is cleening for. I used a full piece of screen since i had room for it and am running it at low flow maybe 70 gallons per houre. The bottom half of the screen is under water and grows no algie now but gives me the option later on to have boath types of scrubber on one screen.

Banned
    Yep, check out the first post in this thread:

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...cs-The-Summary

I believe the user who first posted the pic (it's the 8th or 9th pic in the first post) was "waucedah joe"

Looking good. Looks like you could increase the flow a bit.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

There's is alot of great information in those post. I didn't even think of using a piece of larger pipe,all I could think to use was a union fitting thinking if it would join the pipes together it would work for a retainer for the screen.

Banned
    You mean a coupler, right? A union (as I call it) is a connectable component

https://www.google.com/search?q=PVC+union

I think coupler is what you mean but I get it. Take one of those and slice a piece off, then cut a notch out and that's it. This is one of the changes I might make to my scrubbers. Just need time to work all the changes in...

I may try increasing the flow a little. The scrubber ls fed by a mag 5 that is also the return pump for tne two 20 longs

Thats it union /coupler i bought pvc fittings for my tank build from alot of different places not all of them called it the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information