+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: santa help me!/re-design my sump/scrubber please!

santa help me!/re-design my sump/scrubber please!

Ok things are dying and I am getting nowhere so I am taking ALL my pumps and filtration off-line tonight! Santa I will do whatever you tell me to do with my sump and skimmer. I have a 45 gallon cube mixed reef upstairs and a 20 gallon long sump in the basement. I am guessing you will tell me to run 2 pumps ,,one for the scrubber and one for sump,,but gravity feeding is not an issue if you so choose! I have 2 led grow-bulbs and some CFL lamps at my disposal. I have A few tanks and buckets as well. As of now my sump is a good distance from the display tank causing me to have a great deal of pipe and tubing to connect the two. I will be moving the sump directly underneath the display in the basement today. I have 7 fish and a mix of soft and LPS coral. How many cubes should I shoot for? I am not looking for super-mega awesome growth but rather normal growth and a bullet proof system I don't know what I changed a while ago to cause me all the issues but I think it is time to take out all the variables and get my tank looking like it did when I first started my in the stand scrubber years ago.

Banned
    Can we gelp too?... Lol..

Can you give us a bit more info on your grow lights?

Administrator
    Well if things are dying you might want to do some 30% water changes for a while. What are N and P?

yes you can help tooo LOL N&P are close to zero PH is 8.2 ALK is 13 CA is 400 water is cloudy due to power loss. some corals and a yellow tang died during the power outage last night. I did do a 30% w/c and tore my system apart,,I want to put it back together as close to santas guidlines as possible

Administrator
    Seems like you need to fix your power outage first.

K.I.S.S.

ok changed more water,,relocated sump so the flow is much greater,,,got all the extra gear and silt out of the sump now it's wide open,,,cut my screen to 6" wide by 8" tall,,,put one 12watt 660red and 420 blue combo led grow bulb on each side of the screen. will load pics soon,,,sound good??

Banned
    Did you test?

Whats your NO3, PO4, Ca, Alk, Mg, salinity?

rky they are still the same as above,,all good,,and I did one more 5 gal water change Lets hope this new simple scrubber set-up does the trick

Administrator
    Continue the water changes until the scrubber is growing good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information