+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATS Lights - Advice for replacement

Banned
    The LED floodlights are really only good for roughly the area of the lamp, or about 5x5. Anything out side of that circle will not get very good growth. What is the size L x W of your screen?

My screen is 9x4 with another roughly 3x3 section at the bottom of my screen.

Will putting the bulbs a little further back help with the spread, or mounting sideways and using a reflector help?

Bulbs are already ordered so going to give it a try anyway, so any suggestions to optimize it would be appreciated. I have a scrubber revamp coming soon, and a 5x5 screen would be more than enough for what I feed. I just got to con some friends who are handy with a table saw to cut the box up for me =)

You were absolutely correct, a little shy of 5x5 coverage.

Question tho, my screen obviously is larger than that do I have to redesign or will having extra screen that doesnt get light hurt my scrubbing? The light shines smack dab in the center of the screen. ~4x4 area If I equate the area the light is shining on from both sides its about perfect for my feeding, I just have a lot of extra screen not getting light.

If its not ok, I will have to go back to CFL and just scrap these floods and go against my will and try to do a DIY rig.. and while iim at it build a new box. I will get a scrubber working effectively eventually!

If a 3x4 screen lit double sided will handle 1 cube a day. 5x5 is double that. You feed two cubes a day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information