+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swapping my SM100 to LEDs.. need help

swapping my SM100 to LEDs.. need help

I have a SM 100 acrylic algae scrubber

I know SantaMonica swapped to leds a long while back, just curious what I need to do to swap to LEDs on mine. I would prefer a predone package.. and I need to buy another SM100 sized scrubber if anyone has one they would sell...

Banned
    eshine was the company that made them, but I think they are only made by special order now. They were very pricey before, I bet they would cost almost double now that they have to be made to order. Here is the one that replaced the 1w version. Unfortunately I think the new one is extreme overkill for lighting and unless you setup a new type of lighting schedule it is just going to nuke algae if placed that close to it in a SM100 box. You would definitely need to use some diffuser material like Floyd uses on his. Maybe if you setup the light to be on 5 minutes out of every hour it may work, but I bet that light below still cost close to $200 when you add shipping cost, which is usually close to the price of the light.

http://www.eshinesystems.com/grow/3g...row-light.html

Hmm.. I may be better off just ordering more t5 bulbs then.

Let me know if you find a cheap conversion.... I'll do the same!
    Until then.... 4 more T5's every 3 months

Banned
    Are you still living in SB John? If so you should make a trip up to my place. I can fix your display LED light (if you still need it), along with some sweet upgrades to it (like adding a couple red LEDs, which I did on mine and it really does make a huge difference for the better! Clownfish almost look 'glow in the dark' the orange colors are so vibrant.) I can slap together a SM100 LED light in a matter of minutes (realistically, 5 minutes per side).

Banned
    Im jealous!

S.B? As in Seal Beach? San Bernardino? Santa Barbara

Banned
    Santa Barbara.. I live a couple miles from where the guy was killed by a shark today. (zoom out on map and look to the left, that is the beach it happened at.)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...k-attack-.html
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...two-years.html

Hey Jeremy (Ace),
    I'm actually living in Westlake Village now. I got a job in the Santa Monica area (ironic saying that on this board, huh?)
    I'm still up in Santa Barbara at least once a week, usually more (family, friends, etc.)
    I would love the help! I'll message you....

p.s. Ace25 built the LED array for my display already. He does good work.... If he ever offers to help you with something, TAKE HIM UP ON IT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information