+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by RkyRickstr View Post
    Out of power since last night. Stirring the tank every few hours, few fish dead, corals seem to be holding for now.. I expect to wake up to a tank full of whte coral skeletons
    Oh Noooooo! Hang in there.

Get a turkey baster if you have one. Suck up some water, holding it just above the surface, shoot it back in. Will create micro bubbles a plenty.

just get a marine battery from an autoparts store and a 200-400 watt inverter and hook the inverter to the battery and plug in a aquarium air pump with an air stone connected to it..the battery is 12VDC and the inverter will change it to 120VAC which is what comes out of your outlets at home (if you live in the US if not 240)At 200 watts you can run a pump with a max current draw of1.73 amps AC which i think alot of air pumps are less than that..possibly run a few..itll last for quite some time with a deep cycle marine battery...if not an inverter and a regular car battery..cheapest way to provide O2 and u get to sleep finally..you can get all these at walmart

Banned
    Or just use a battery powered air pump and replace the batteries 2x per day

Banned
    Yup.. but i just cant worry about the tank right now. Home is at 58 degrees and i have two lil girls. Have stove on and seems to be working.. need to get it to at least 67 in here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information