+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marine Allelopathy

Banned
    Excellent, a bit of field evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    Excellent, a bit of field evidence
    Not sure of that is in reply to my post, but this is the growth I got after the carbon reactor addition and raising the ph of the system with kalwasser.

This was prior to those changes.

Realize though, my system is very young. Only just cycled or still in a bit of it. * I'm awaiting delivery of new test kits as I noticed the Elos kits I have, expired a few months ago. Not sure how accurate the tests are at this point, so not sure on where the cycle is exactly. I realized this when the NH3 tests were giving very strange results. Colorimetric readings were odd. Color didn't relate to anything on the chart. The current tank inhabitants - half dozen crabs and lots of different species of snails, are all doing fine, so the NH3 is surely not an issue any more.

Banned
    Seems as though running a bit of UV light on a screen could also destroy some of these toxic compounds;

Toxic Organics Combined with solar ultraviolet, ATS systems with high oxygen supersaturation break down entrained hydrocarbons. There is an extensive general research literature on this process, and a single ATS research study in the late 1990’s demonstrated that when combined with artificial ultraviolet, ATS systems have considerable capability of breaking down a variety of chlorinated hydrocarbons. Additional research is necessary in this area, as a single study, even with a considerable laboratory support, cannot provide the basis for systems engineering; however, it is likely that if ATS is carried out at very large scale to produce bioenergy, it will significantly reduce toxic hydrocarbons in aquatic environments and ultimately the ocean
    http://www.physicsegypt.org/epc08/epc823.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information