+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOG.5 on a Pico

1) Timer set for 10 hrs
    2) Current run at 20 days
    3) Screen is as flat against the back wall and far away from light as possible

Part of the problem is that I can't effectively adjust the bubbles because the initial cuts on the air hose were too deep and would not allow me to close the holes nearest to the air-tube bend. This resulted in bubbles mostly just going to the side of the screen. I tried to use crazy glue to get bubbles to evenly disperse across the screen, but it never really worked. Add to the fact that I melted a hole in the screen.

That is why I am thinking it would be better to either scrap the experiment or start with a new in-tank screen/air-tube assembly.

The new Green Grabber texture looks to be much more evenly disbursed but if the magnets won't work then it's a moot point.
    Last edited by mbonus; 03-05-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: formatting

Administrator
    Ah then it's the bubbles. A larger pump will always work; eventually all the tube will have bubbles. But if you can't do that right now, just super glue the outer segments closed after a good cleaning.

The HOG1 has different magnets, for up to 1/2". But the tube is the same, so you'd be good to get a bigger pump anyways... one that has two outlets and you seal off one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information