+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Scrubber please coment

Hello, i have some quick questions:
    1. can i still put bacteria (microbelift - SpecialBlend, Prodibio - Bio Digest), or it is not recommended.
    2. i have some Chaetomorpha Algae in my sump, from that i read it will die when the scrubber will fully work - it is corect
    3. i put the pump for the screen in the return pump chamber. My sump it is divided in half, i use a beam animal overflow, one pipe fills the sump chamber, then goes thru some matrix and finally in the return chamber, another pipe fills the chamber that you see in the picture above, with rock and algae, then goes in the return chamber. Should i move the pomp before the rocks (but then i am afraid that i do not have sufficient flow thru the rocks ).

Thank you.

Administrator
    I don't know if bacteria will do anything to the scrubber.

Don't need the chaeto.

More flow through the rocks is probably better. Also important to not change flow, or you will kill the sponges.

SM

I've seen several posts of yours cautioning people to not change the flow around live rock. I have multiple pumps in my tank I move to change the flow so that no area builds up detrius and other stuff and as a way to avoid getting that red cynobacteria blooms.

There is always lots of water flow going on. Am I hurting the tank by doing this?

Administrator
    Changing flow will kill starve any sponges that have grown. In a month they will start decaying.

Hello,
    Thank you for the feedback, i was talking about my pumps from the sump, not from display, if it is ok in my flow configuration.
    Today i so some brown spots on the screen, so it is starting to work.
    I will wait 14 days to see how algae will develop.

Thank you.

Administrator
    Especially the sump. That's where all the sponge will grow... on the rocks.

Hello,
    Some updates:
    After 14 days:

Harvested and now after 7 days

Whats your opinion.

Administrator
    Needs more hours because it is dark. Go to 18 hours, for the next 14 days. Should grow good.

Banned
    What is that material? You mention fiberglass, but this looks like 2 material bonded together? Did you have problems finding the plastic canvas / knitting canvas material? It really is what you need. Find it on e-bay and buy extra sheets, Darice #7 mesh, regular stiffness or ultra-stiff, clear (non-colored) material is what you want. Find it and pay the international shipping if you have to, it is 500% better than what you are using. Just looking out for you - you will get better results.

Thank you for the feedback.

Didn't find any plastic canvas in local hardware store so i build with what i was thinking to be a replacement. Also ordered the plastic canvas on 03.12.12 from ebay. Waiting for it.

Quick question: I've purchased RED SEA NO3 PO4 X NPX NITRATE & PHOSPHATE REDUCER, from what I've read it does the same thing - reduce the NO3 and PO4 -
    It is compatible with algae scrubber?
    Can i do both?

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information