+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrubber idea

Scrubber idea

Ok, so I've have this thought bouncing around in my head for a while. The sump for my main tank is beside and a couple feet away. My plumbing comes off the overflow over about 4' and empties into a filter sock with carbon at the far end of the sump, into a skimmer compartment, flows to the next area with the bio pellet reactor, GFO, then to the main pump, to be pumped a couple feet back to the main tank.
    My idea revolves around turning my overflow plumbing into a scrubber. I was thinking, if I was to remove the pipe, and replace it with a 4'vinyl eaves trough, I could some how add a screen and a couple T5 lights.
    Maybe I can install lights and reflector in another piece of eaves trough, turned upside down over top. But how to install the screen, or screens, I was thinking maybe 4 12" screens.
    I haven't gone to the hwr store and measured, so I'm not sure of how wide I can make these screens, but I would think 3-4" would be a close guess.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to pull this off, or even better how to improve on this?

In the words of Nike. Just do it.

I probably will do it.
    I am hoping to get some input on how to go about doing it.

Administrator
    Look for PaulB's trough...

Thanks SM, after a bit of looking around I found a long thread on RC about his tank. I'm still reading the thread, but so far not much on his scrubber other than the fact he has one. I'll keep reading and hope its not too far towards the end.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information