+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large scrubber build ideas

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find my router and give it a try.

I saw a post somewhere and they wrapped screen around the PVC pipe. The PVC pipe had holes drilled in it and the water would follow the wrapped around screen and go onto the algae screen.

I am going to try that first just to see if it works. If not, I will use the router

Banned
    I recently did this myself - built a jig for routing the slot pipe using a plunge router. It works very well and I would recommend it. My jig took me 1 hour to build. I did notice that the router leaves quite a bit of chatter marks on the slot though, so I ended up smoothing it out afterwards with a dremel cutoff wheel, using it like a sanding disc instead of a cutting disc.

I also have started to use Schedule 80 pipe as for longer slot pipes as S40 has a propensity to close up towards the middle of the pipe. S40 works for a 6 or 9 inch slot, but past that I use 80.

Hey glarior weren't you the one that put together that shark tank then tore it down to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    I recently did this myself - built a jig for routing the slot pipe using a plunge router. It works very well and I would recommend it. My jig took me 1 hour to build. I did notice that the router leaves quite a bit of chatter marks on the slot though, so I ended up smoothing it out afterwards with a dremel cutoff wheel, using it like a sanding disc instead of a cutting disc.

I also have started to use Schedule 80 pipe as for longer slot pipes as S40 has a propensity to close up towards the middle of the pipe. S40 works for a 6 or 9 inch slot, but past that I use 80.

Hey glarior weren't you the one that put together that shark tank then tore it down to move?
    Yep, I am the one working towards the shark tank. Been a very long process. Here is the build thread

Good idea on the schedule 80. I will use that instead.

Do you have a build picture of the pvc and screen we are talking about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information