+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A picture of my wiring diagram, I tried to simplifly it, take a look:

Banned
    I would. This is why I switched my lighting on my L2s from 6 red / 1 blue @ 700mA to 6 red @ 700mA and 2 blues in parallel @ 350mA (current divider). The results so far have been starkly different - no burning.

also are you using 630nm red or 660nm?

i have 5 LED on each side of the screen. all leds in series. I suppose with a bit of creative wiring i could make the 2 RB parallel. Wont be pretty but the results is what i am after. This is version 1.0 anyway!

Banned
    Yeah what you would have is like I do, and the wires that interconnect between the 2 sides would be the parallel "divider" wires between the blues.

So if - is one wire and = is a parallel run of wires, you would have DRIVE(+)-R-R-R-R-B=B-R-R-R-R-DRIVER(-)

So you would come off the last red on the first half into the (+) terminal of the blue, then one wire from the other (+) terminal of blue to the other blue's (+) terminal, then wire the (-) terminals the same, then from the (-) terminal on the second blue to the first red on the second half of the string and on like normal. Works great. I searched RC for a while and even asked a few questions and apparently no one has really done it this way, or at least isn't talking about it. It seems that everyone is focused on parallel strings running at full power and this type of application just doesn't fall under their radar of options.

I have a situation similar to "like-fish".

I'll only have ONE blue on each side of the scrubber.
    Do I have to run that extra wire that connects them from 1 side to the other side to tone them down some?

EDIT: Okay I now see what you said.

So I'll run reds in series, jump 2 wires in parallel from 1 blue to the other side of the scrubber to the other blue, then continue with the reds in series.
    That's pretty weird lol, but I'll take your word for it.

Edit again: I don't get frustrated at all reading into this, this is kind of reading is super freakin' fun lol! I guess that's part of the hobby for me.

Banned
    Just right-click and save that pic I posted and zoom in. you can see how the connections are made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information