+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First UFAS!!

First UFAS!!

Ill be short and sweet:-D. Just made my first AS for my 150gal with 3, 10in pacu and a monster 23in.Tank is not fully cycled i had just rescued them from a mover, tank was 2 weeks into fishless cycle. Iv had them for 33 days. Amo.3.0 ph.6.8. Im not testing ni. and na. untill amo. is down. My UFAS has been running for 2 days with nothing on it. Pics wont be up because cam got dropped in the tank......hmmmm. Good by christmas present.....hello warrenty! Iv never had algea probs, i just like the biology of it. Is it too early for one? Or is it just not necessary?

I made it out of plastic canvas used the repair patio chairs/back. Didnt rough it up to see if it would work because it looked pretty rough as is(first AS). Its 4x24. Folded to 4x12in. Sewed a Y conector In between the canvas at the bottom (open end)with airstones at the open end facing up to the folded end. I sewed the open end shut. Hooked it up at the bottom of the tank and put a CLEAN seasoning bottle at the top folded end to keep it stableand straight. Sooooo folded canvas with air stones in between . Is this enough info or just too confusing?

Banned
    I think I can visualize what you have.

You want the airstone directly beneath the canvas so that the bubbles rub on both sides of it. Otherwise, the algae will grow on the inside and with the light on the outside, the inside algae growth is blocked by the screen and itself. Stick with a single screen and bubbler below it.

Your screen MUST --- MUST --- be very, very rough, especially for freshwater. I don't know what the patio chairs component is, I think I need to see a pic to visualize what is going on there.

Cycle Police are going to be knocking on your door man. Don't rely on it for filtration with ammonia that high - you need to have either continued fishless cycling or you need to do some major PWC right now, or your fish are going to suffer.

Lol i no right but i have cheap strips right now i i tested a 2 year established tank and it said the same exact thing, i have amo. of 3.0-6.0. So i don know an thank you for that info, i wasnt sure if the O2 had to be above or under the growth surface. An i think you got the pic ture of what i have just wish i can up load photos i dont know if my ,400$ phone has a virus or wht but its going to hit the wall reeeeeal soooon lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information