+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corals dying due to scrubbers.....why?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Yep. I think your research was a major part of everyone's current techniques. you were in the LED game before I was in the scrubber game.

I don't recall specifically seeing your post that had the first pic it in but I also would not doubt that I posted on the thread in which you originally posted it! One could say that my design is similar in form factor to the SM100 also, but there are so many common features that an enclosed-box scrubber inherently has, it is difficult to make one look different or original and still have the same function.
    Exactly.. my first 'design' above was a culmination of the SM100 and the use of LEDs to make it smaller and fit on the rim of a sump, and I made sure to say exactly that and give credit to SM/the SM100 design. It is easy to see how I could have come up with the idea when you look at my ATS v2 build thread, it is just making my current LED ATS smaller and 'removable'. I am not saying you or SM did anything wrong. Just every once and a while I would like to see some credit thrown my way for all the work I have done. This is not directed towards you, Floyd, at all, as we both know we have gone back and forth in emails and I believe have much respect for each other. When I post my ideas it is for everyone to see and utilize themselves if possible. I do this as a hobby, not to make money as you know, and I am happy you are have the ability to take it further than I am willing to by building them yourself, and you certainly make what I would call 'the best ATS' on the market.

Here is my post I made with the drawing of that scrubber above:
    So here is a quick and dirty MS paint of my idea for my next scrubber.

To explain what that simple thing is, pretty much a mini Santa Monica 100 that uses LEDs and will fit inside the rim of the sump on a 15G tank. The ATS box will sit 1/2 above the rim and half below the rim to keep it compact in my short stands. It will be all black, I just used different colors in the drawing to show the different pieces. Screen will be 6"x6" and using 6 LEDs per side, 2x 455nm, 2x 630-640nm, and 2x 650-660nm per side. The box will be made out of black ABS plastic ordered from tapplastics.com, cut with a table saw, sanded, and bonded with weld-on. There will be a 90 degree barb fitting for the input side and a drain on the bottom, there will be 3 independent lids, led light boxes using lexan as dividers between the screen so ensure no warping/melting from the LEDs being so close. The whole thing will be solid, water tight, and modular, simply unplug the pump feeding the ATS and plug for the LEDs and you can pull the entire thing right off if you needed to. There will be baffles in the sump, I just didn't draw any.

This drawing depicts a 15G sump (24"x10"x13"tall), so the ATS part is really small, about 9" long x 8" deep x 8" tall for the box part.

Banned
    Dang, it's like a predecessor! A lot of the same concepts! Even the dimensions are close!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information