+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DI Regeneration

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alum View Post
    I ever read GFO can be regenerate too, but only iron base only... can not work for alumunium base...
    have you ever read that too ?
    Back to posts 7 and 8 alum

Banned
    I would not attempt to regenerate aluminum based phosphate remover (Phosguard).

Aluminum oxide can be partially regenerated by using sodium hydroxide. The principal behind this regeneration is that at pH levels below 8-8.5 aluminum oxide particles has a positive surface charge and can thus take up phosphate ions To release the phosphate, the pH level is increased by the addition of sodium hydroxide.

However, the solubility of the aluminum oxide increases with increasing pH level. Therefore, regeneration with a too strong sodium hydroxide solution gives loss of ion exchange resins. The concentration of the sodium hydroxide solution must thus adjusted to give a maximum phosphate release without a too large loss of ion exchange resins. Typical industrial process includes activation of aluminum oxide at 600 °C and usage of sodium hydroxide for the regeneration.

Due to the extreme caustic and hazardous nature of sodium hydroxide and the extreme temperature required, it is not recommended for any home user to regenerate aluminum oxide.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    I would not attempt to regenerate aluminum based phosphate remover (Phosguard).
    Nope, me neither. GFO only, ie Ferric (iron) Oxide.

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    Back to posts 7 and 8 alum
    Op! miss again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information