+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you want same or less clean-up-crew if running scrubber???

Do you want same or less clean-up-crew if running scrubber???

I just started using a HOG.5 UAS in my 28g. cube with live rock, fish, lots of softies, 2 lps, 1 sps and 2 RBTA? I'm still having problems with hair algae but my I just started the scrubber a week ago.

I only have 5 snails and was planning to add a bunch of snails for my clean up crew. Do folks recommend the same or less number of snails in a scrubber tank???

Banned
    I dont use any at all.

I don't use much. I've got a sea cucumber, a half dozen small snails and maybe a dozen small hermits in a 125 gallon. You could stick a big turbo snail in there to prey on the algae for the time being, but it will probably go hungry eventually. I can't keep them alive.

Banned
    Yeah what is with the "rule" that people follow on clean-up crews? For a 140g tank some sites suggest like 200 snails and 30 hermits.

Like this one

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...66&pcatid=1766

says for 75-90g you would need 75 hermits and 75 snails. WTF! I have a 140 with maybe 5-10 of each.

And they also say only feed half a cube a day. Poor little buggers have to turn cannibal to survive, so you notice you don't have many anymore, so you order more, and start the cycle again...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information