+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prevent side spray from pvc to screen

prevent side spray from pvc to screen

My old scrubber had 3/4" pvc with screen slot. Sometimes it would clog from the algae or spray anywhere but the screen. On my new build I am using 1" pipe and need 24" of screen slot. The screen's I am using are 12"x18" and I would like to lower them a few inches to prevent algae growing near the slot and have a even flow of water over the screen. I wrapped screen around the PVC and joined a the screen then did a test. The water still does not flow evenly down the screen. I think it's because I used small zip ties.

Suggestions?

Here are some pics of what I was trying to do

Click image for larger version

Name:	scrubber1.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	3859Click image for larger version

Name:	scrubber2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	3860Click image for larger version

Name:	scrubber3.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3861

Without the screen inserted, your slot is probably too wide. Drill the pipe (3/16 holes, half inch or so apart) instead of using a slot. Experiment with the hole size and spacing until you get decently even flow. Cover the loop part with black plastic (for example, cut from a trash bag). Try fishing line to tie/sew the loop to the screen instead of the zip ties so that the black plastic can lay smoothly over it. The plastic will eliminate spray, block growth getting into the junction of the loop and screen where the water has to flow through the mesh, and smooth out the flow across the screen.

Great idea! Thank you. I will try that tonight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information