+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member. Thinking bout scrubbing

New member. Thinking bout scrubbing

I'm a new member here who was referred here by some friends over on trt. I have a 110 high with a 30gal sump. In my sump I'm running mangroves and a few macros. My mangroves are out growing my stand and I can't place them out side my stand so I've been thinking of going ats. I have an open line from my reactor pump that I can incorporate. What would be the best design to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg‎
Views:	258
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	3893  

I like my current single-sided waterfall design: http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...current-design

Looks like it would fit where you have your mangroves now. You'd be in for about $15 in parts, plus a light. I had LEDs from another scrubber build, but you could really easily use CFLs to get started.

That's nice but I think I have all the parts here minus a screen. I want to do something simple. A one sided waterfall I guess? I figure if I slice a nice line in some pipe and insert the screen into it. Ill run it into the container where my macro is now. Ill pull all the macro out before installing the ats though. Any more thoughts. I'm a newb scrubber.

Administrator
    Welcome.

Really try for 2-sided.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information