+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOG1

Administrator

HOG1

Get the no-overflow advantage of an upflow scrubber: since it is ALL underwater, it can't overflow onto your floor.

The HOG1, with 24 square inches growth surface, magnets with 3X the holding power for up to 1/2" glass or acrylic, and filtering for up to 1 cube per day, all in the same size package as the HOG.5 for $149.99 USD. 1 year warranty.

HOG1 gets unboxed and installed by Premium Aquatics:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oWedD-WWX8

Comments:

"The HOG1 it's the same thing [as a SURF2] on a smaller scale, it depends on the amount of food that you distribute" -- Eric75003 on the RF site

"Implementing the [HOG1] was really easy. My water parameters have not changed since turning my skimmer off. I'm still at 0 Nitrates and .00 phosphate, and I'm still feeding twice a day approximately 2 frozen cubes" -- bpitts2 on the INDMAS site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	8366

Click image for larger version

Name:	MarlonMcneish-1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	7745

"This [HOG1] is going great guns, so I ordered another one yesterday. I have seen plenty of pods hanging around the one in the sump too. Is definately dealing with my nutrients, though I havent changed water in ages and my water is at really stable low nutrients". -- Bangalang on the MASA site.

"I love the [HOG1] and in the short time it was on the tank its positive impact was without question" -- Joseph Grillo

"The scrubber worked great. I may be checking out your new surface scrubbers for a new tank once I move into our new house" -- Zack Shaffner

"Growing thick green hair algae that I have to clean every week no matter what; It is doing a great job at keeping phosphates at 0.00. I am extremely satisfied with the product!! I have recommended it to numerous people and I plan to buy as many more as I need when I upgrade my tank in the next few months." -- Derrick Dawsey

Selection chart:
    http://algaescrubber.net/WhichOne.jpg
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 02-10-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Administrator
    The HOG1 is now available Here

looks a great improvement. i purchased the .5 model but could not use it as my aquarium glass is too thick. keen to try out this model. some good improvements.

Got my replacement scrubber today and am very happy with it! However, I have a whisper 40 for it. Is that not strong enough? I can always return it if need be!
    Thanks a lot!!

Administrator
    I have not used one, but it's 2.9 watts and good for the HOG.5. However I've tried other 2.2w or 3.0w watt pumps and they were not enough for the HOG1. So if you can, get a larger Whisper, up to the 150.

So, I got the Whisper 150 and have had the HOG 1 up and running with the lights on for 12 hours for 5 days now, but there is nothing growing yet. The algae still grows like crazy in my tank. I have tried to make sure the bubbles are flowing over all of it. Is there anything else I can do to help the growth?

Administrator
    18 hours.

got it up to 18 hours, but nothing yet. The bubbles don't seem to be flowing over the whole thing, no matter how I position it. It's like they escape from the tubing at the first slit and none of the air makes it all the way across.

Administrator
    Tuck the first tubing segment under each other, and open the segment further away. Also, tilt the whole unit.

So, I've had my scrubber up and running for more than a month at 18 hours a day, and I do get some algae growth, but nothing crazy. I am still getting algae in the tank. I have the HOG on the side of my tank. Should I move it to somewhere else on the tank??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information