+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Scotland

Heres a picture. As you can see the air is coming out but only half way Should be fixed by tomorrow.

Try 1mm holes not a new pump

Thanks Dev,

Ive actually already ordered the pump from h20 aquatics. However Ill try drilling a 1mm and see how it pans out

Cheers
    Juan

Hi there,

Ive just had a look here in the uk and have come across this led red cluster. All I seem to need to do would be to wire it up to a 12volt transformer and it should work. Heres the link.

http://www.rapidonline.com/electroni...luster-56-2985

its 660nm although does not show a wattage. Would this work ok for an algae scrubber.

The reason I ask is the red leds 3w ones I ordered are now on there way but have no idea really how to connect them up where as this above might be easier.

Regards
    Juan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1980 View Post
    Hi there,

Ive just had a look here in the uk and have come across this led red cluster. All I seem to need to do would be to wire it up to a 12volt transformer and it should work. Heres the link.

http://www.rapidonline.com/electroni...luster-56-2985

its 660nm although does not show a wattage. Would this work ok for an algae scrubber.

The reason I ask is the red leds 3w ones I ordered are now on there way but have no idea really how to connect them up where as this above might be easier.

Regards
    Juan
    It might work, can't really see the power and mcd to lumen is not obvious. The reason I gave you the ebay link to the 3x3W complete package (on UR) was because you suggested your electronic skills were not good enough

Administrator
    Is 2.5 watts... about the same as a 3w star.

I know what you were meaning on ur. I will wait till these 3w LEDs turn up then by a 12v plug transformer and then see about soldering one of these or maybe two LEDs to it and then try.

Seeing as they're coming all the way from China I might as well try and use them. Maybe it will all make sense once I have them in my hands along with the 12v plug transformer which I should be able to get from bnq and look at it in person before I get it.

Wiring

Ok the LEDs arrived and I've wired them up in parallel. Here are a few pictures. Switched them on. They came on briefly for a second and then went off. Has the fuse blown. Here are the pictures.

I'm gonna take what I have to work tomorrow and see what the electricians think. Hopefully the 13 amp fuse has blown and nothing else

Those leds don't look like they are wired right. They most likely should be wired in series not parallel like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information