+ Reply to Thread

Thread: full power or dim led scrubber?

full power or dim led scrubber?

I have 60 three Watt leds on two 12x18 screen but only using one screen and 30 leds since I'm not feeding enough yet. I can control the leds from 0 - 100% over 24 hours.

My question is should I run 100% 24 hours a day? Make a schedule to slowly come on / off?
    I have lots of phosphate I'm trying to get rid of and its a new screen. Currently I am feeding 3 cubes a day, 1 squid every other day aand few silversides a day.

Thanks for the help!

You never want to run the lights for 24 hours straight.

There's a sticky here that has a link to a calculator where you input all your information and it will tell you light, time, screen size etc. check it out its pretty useful.

Administrator
    I think a few silversides a day is most of the feeding. I'd say one full size one is at least 5 cubes.

Thanks for the info... calculator says 9 hours a day and if not much growth go up from there.

However, does that mean 9 hours a day at full power? Should I have them just come on or slowly come on? My old scrubber ran for ~18 hours a day with 10 LED's. I cleaned the screen every week.

Are you at the recommended amount of watts? If so, leave the lights at 100% and have them just come on instantly.

Perfect,

thanks everyone for the information.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information