+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German compagny promoting macro algea system

German compagny promoting macro algea system

See this link

The have there own seawater lab.

Banned
    Very interesting. Just a quick glance, but I noticed they actually claim that PWCs can be damaging in ways. That's a bold statement. Also it looks like this product is made to work in conjuction with algae scrubbers in a way. Dunno...gotta read the whole thing...

The set up basically comprises of an algae bed, an oversized skimmer and a german merlin who for $$$$$ and lots of em, mixes up a special potion in a bottle which most are already using if they dose and thats it....IMO a bunch of bollox and yet so many people falling for it.

I'm glad this topic came up on here as when I started asking a few not so awkward questions on the UR forums where it is being promoted, I got warned off from making any more posts on that thread by one of the moderators !!

So to say I feel strongly about it is an understatement !!

Anyway like I said, I'm glad it has been posted on here as you guys will surely pick through the bones on it.

Oh ! One more thing...

The magic potion mixed by merlin is an on going cost, it is NOT a one off !!

I read through their brochure. Lots of marketing and wishy washy statements but absolutely no real data. Basically, "trust us" because we are experts.

Their maintenance schedule.

Maintenance of the system
    Maintain a tank operated using the TRITON method as follows:

Clean the skimmer at regular intervals
    Remove algae
    Replace the activated carbon and the phosphate adsorber every 1 - 2 months
    Perform a water test in the laboratory every 2 months or as needed: Replenish “BASE ELEMENTZ”,
    add aquatic creatures as needed.

sounds familiar? Of course, they do the lab tests and furnish their Base Elementz to you for a fee

Banned
    This looks like what you get when a used car salesman starts working for an aquatic company. Lots of empty promises and doublespeak. Break down that link and what do I see... how to run a reef tank, use mechanical, biological, and chemical methods along with a good clean up crew.. wow, how original. LOL.

I like their shop. Certainly doesn't look like any LFS I've ever visited LOL I live in NYC. One would think there would be a shop that has the same clean, streamlined look with beautiful displays and quality corals for sale. Haven't found that here yet. With a city that has a population approaching 9million and a great population of like 20million, it certainly lacks for quality aquarium shops.

Have to research their approach

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilk View Post
    I like their shop. Certainly doesn't look like any LFS I've ever visited LOL I live in NYC. One would think there would be a shop that has the same clean, streamlined look with beautiful displays and quality corals for sale. Haven't found that here yet. With a city that has a population approaching 9million and a great population of like 20million, it certainly lacks for quality aquarium shops.

Have to research their approach
    Ummm...
    http://reefbuilders.com/2012/07/30/e...k-opens-doors/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information