+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrubber info on Reef Central being blocked

Re: Scrubber info on Reef Central being blocked

I like the one (excerpt from a RC poster's) from CHOMPERS attached RC link that says ....

" the same person had a long thread on here before, they either gave up or were banned from the site, either way they couldnt cut it here."

That to me sounds very arrogant and what I find most perplexing is a lot of "stubborn" reefers aren't flexible in "experimenting" new methods that have been proven and well documented. Too stubborn to even give it a try out but then maybe ... too afraid to admit that ATS does really work? Maybe it's just me but it does seem like that it all leads to the Self Imposed Denial .... ??? :roll:

Paul

CHOMPERS<

thanks for contributing to my thread at RC (same sign on name),

Rainer

Administrator

You'll find that most of those folks are tied in somehow to skimmers (or other equipment). Friend of LFS; son works at mfg; etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rainerfeyer
    CHOMPERS<

thanks for contributing to my thread at RC (same sign on name),

Rainer
    Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed the familiarity but didn't connect the dots from there to here. LOL

At three separate fish stores I have mentioned that I have an algae scrubber and don't run my skimmer. I get blank stares at the mention of an algae turf scrubber and so far no one has asked about it or made any comments about it (they have to be the knowledgeable professional :ugeek: ).

One of the stores here is run by an Asian family and only one of them speaks functional english. I had one of the others and when I told him what I had he wanted to sell me a $200 skimmer (can't blame him for trying).

I am actually lucky - one of our LFS's is extremely customer friendly and is actually interested in adapting a scrubber pending how it all turns out. One of the employees has been using a scrubber as well. Both very good people. I am lucky, yes?

Rainer

I'd like to know if there's any LFS's both in the US or Canada that utilizes ATS method ... that would be really interesting .. no?

Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information