+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALGAE SCRUBBER CALCULATOR

ALGAE SCRUBBER CALCULATOR

Hi guys

Having a problem working out what screen size i need,at the most i only feed 1 cube of frozen food and a 2 pinches of flake a day. What screen size do i need for that

Thanks Guys

Hello!

With lights on both sides of the screen (recommended): 14 sq. in. or 93 sq. cm.

Ex. 3 in. X 4.8 in. or 7.5 cm. X 12.4 cm.

Thanks for the. 3 in. X 4.8 in seems very small would it be worth making a bigger one

Thanks

Good question. Here is a link to a previous thread that answers that: http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...-really-matter

Thanks cdm2012. Think i will stick with a 3 in. X 4.8

I have 2 T5 light tubes,do you think that would be okay to light the screen,one on each side

Thanks again mate

T5HO bulbs have been shown to cause tremendous scrubber growth! Other bulbs that work great as well, are cfl's. You would need about 7 actual watts for each side with a light appearance 2700K. Not sure if they make an exact 7-watt cfl but I do know that their are 9-watt cfl's that you could put on each side with reflectors. Not sure the size of your t5's but since your screen is small cfl's may work better. Here is another link, scroll down to the lighting section. http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...cs-The-Summary

Hi

Thanks for the link. The tubes i have are about 22inches long and are 24Watts each. i was thinking about using some cfl's but i hear they need changing every three months,so to save some money i was going to give the T5s ago and see how they work out.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck and post your results when you get it built.

Thanks and will do,the only problem is trying to mount two tubes over the screen,but i think i should come up with something after a bit of a think

Banned
    Your never gonna get much of the light from the tube to the screen, with the tube being that long. Cfl's are available from tesco, Asda etc for a couple of quid each (clip on lamp holders are also a few quid each).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information