+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first try at a scrubber..

my first try at a scrubber..

Here are a few pics of my first attempt at a scrubber... It's on my 75g SPS/LPS reef... I still need to get better lighting on it very soon but for now I have a 70w MH nano light on one side and a reflected CFL on the other.. reading some of the tips on this site has given me some good pointers...
    I'm all up for some feedback... I'm on day two right now and am noticing growth onthe screen already... I'm really hoping this will help lessen the impact algae has in my display...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1014.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	4063Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1013.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	4064

Administrator
    It will work if it grows. The MH is a lot of heat, but if that's all you have now then use it.

Let it grow 14 days.

Day 5 and Im getting some pretty good growth..

Cant embed vids on this site but here is alink to a vid of Day 5 growth..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyeyukWqHSI

Banned
    you can embed vids. On the quick reply box is an icon that looks like a film strip. Click that, enter the link in the pop-up box, done.

Looks like you need to move your light so it is shining perpendicular to the screen. But, skimmer is in the way. Get it as close to perpendicular as you can.

Here is my ATS at 8 Days Growth.. gonna try and re do the lights this weekend to give them better focus angles.. prolly take some 2x4 and make a light bracket to hold my clamping fixtures from the roof the the stand and they will hand down from them.. also I think cutting aslot in the spraybar will work better then the holes I have now.. Im noticing some bare spots from less flow in then areas.. reading through some of the basics gave me some pointers that I didnt take into consideration when I built it..

Administrator
    Is going good... at 14 or 21 days it should be thick.

Name:	IMAG1030.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	4089

Name:	IMAG1031.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	4090
    Got a new light and 5000K 13w bulbs for it to today.. gonna make a bracket to hang them from in the sump to give a more straight on focus of light.. these bulbs were only $3 at my LHS so I figured I'd give em a shot..

here is a vid with the new bulbs and hangers I think this configuration will work much better..

new video of my ATS at 11 days.. new bulbs were installed on 3/27/13.. getting a lot thicker growth but it is very dark.. Got it on a 15 hour cycle now prolly go to 18. made a glass box cover for it as well to keep splashing down and darken the area for the holes.. they are quickly filling with algae..

Administrator
    Might could use more light/hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information