+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: scrubber dying

Banned
    Cyano was up in a few rocks close to a powerhead... doubt that was the case.

Bud u dont get to categorize nutin!

I dont see any other reason for a fully mature screen to dye overnight. Maybe the change in nutrients shocked it? The roots where still green. I cleaned off the white and its growing again. Oh well.

Banned
    Are you sure nothing blocked the pump flow? Maybe something that caused an intermittent failure. I've only seen algae go white because of no flow.

Banned
    Nope.. flow was same. Happened withing 48hrs. Saw it with my own two eyes.. lol

Im telling you only change was vinegar.

Banned
    Oh. I went from 9hrs to 12. Could have been that.

Banned
    Ah, then it could have been a double whammy, longer photoperiod and vinegar dosing. Still pretty weird.

Im no expert on all the exact biology, but i tried sugar dosing at one point whilst running a scrubber. This was to try and knock the last of the cyano out that i had. It seemed to work, but if your taking the N and P out of the water by carbon dosing and skimmer, then the algae is gonna struggle to grow as its pinching its food?
    If the scrubber is not enough to knock out all of the nuisance algae problems on its own, then you need stronger lights. Either that, or go with full carbon dosing. It does seem a bit silly to run both, as they both have inconveniences of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by RkyRickstr View Post
    Nope.. flow was same. Happened withing 48hrs. Saw it with my own two eyes.. lol

Im telling you only change was vinegar.
    I always use vinegar and sugar dosing, while ATS and UAS run together but at the end ATS grow faster then UAS, might be cause I use stronger flow until UAS no algae attach anymore but macroalgae from regium tank still gow. Now I use ATS+refugium only... do you think faster flow will work for more good??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alum View Post
    I always use vinegar and sugar dosing, while ATS and UAS run together but at the end ATS grow faster then UAS, might be cause I use stronger flow until UAS no algae attach anymore but macroalgae from regium tank still gow. Now I use ATS+refugium only... do you think faster flow will work for more good??
    If its any use to you alum, the magic flow rate is 22cm/second. Below that, the boundary layer restricts growth, above that shows no increase in growth compared to 22cm/s

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    If its any use to you alum, the magic flow rate is 22cm/second. Below that, the boundary layer restricts growth, above that shows no increase in growth compared to 22cm/s
    sorry my lack english, its meant flow rate below 22cm/s is better or worse ??

Banned
    Worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information