+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My new setup ATS

Banned
    Oh yeah, I harvested my UAS a few days ago, took video, and weighed it. I just haven't had time to post it. It was actually a pretty good harvest, but still 1/3 to 1/2 of the waterfall...back to the topic...

UAS more simple, yes. Less effective, yes. IMO UAS is good for a small tank or supplemental filtration on a larger tank. The whole biomass thing really does need to be addressed. My UAS grew most of the algae inside the box. Got a good video of it too, and I just fired up Pinnacle Studio 16 so I can stitch together some nice vids for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    From my research, the UAS doesn't provide enough biomass to export enough nutrients. I think these only "work" in new tanks where there is a confusion between live rock/sand uptake. My own tank had undetectable N & P for 18 months, with no algal export. Hopefully someone with a UAS will post on the "q
    uantifying biomass" thread.
    This is from tank which already running almost 3 years ago only that was too many algae growing on liverocks. It is not new tank syndrome anymore.
    I played SPS before my friends bought almost of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Oh yeah, I harvested my UAS a few days ago, took video, and weighed it. I just haven't had time to post it. It was actually a pretty good harvest, but still 1/3 to 1/2 of the waterfall...back to the topic...

UAS more simple, yes. Less effective, yes. IMO UAS is good for a small tank or supplemental filtration on a larger tank. The whole biomass thing really does need to be addressed. My UAS grew most of the algae inside the box. Got a good video of it too, and I just fired up Pinnacle Studio 16 so I can stitch together some nice vids for the future
    Let say that UAS is beter for smal tank then ATS for large tank, does it ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alum View Post
    Let say that UAS is beter for smal tank then ATS for large tank, does it ?
    Yes. In fact I believe that was the target market in the first place - nanos and freshwater tanks where waterfall scrubbers are too bulky or not feasible to build - and they seems to work well in those situations

hmm I reassume what I read now
    well because my tank abaut 172 gallons with just 4 small fishes in it + various mushroom only,
    I will start to add more fishes from now well might be several hardy sps (cause no light in MT yet) we will see how ATS can do.

and ready ROWA carbon to start whenever ATS go down fail lol

update ;
    Using pump 3000 lt/h.
    when it scrubbed i still see yellow algae in screen, hope its back to green.

Administrator
    Clean more often if you see yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Clean more often if you see yellow.
    SM, Yellowish appear cause too much light? I use 24/7 using timer already, but why people said it is not strong enaught for light???????
    anyway now I change almost whole pump even for return pump for new one, more flow and more power! I hope its because of it.

Middle is too strong. Needs more water flow, and wider reflectors. Also could do less hours light, and less days before cleaning.
    You said too strong, what too strong ? light???
    but Garf and Bud said it is not enaugh.

Administrator
    Bright yellow like banana is from strong light. Dull yellow like beer is from weak light.

Bright yellow like banana is from strong light. Dull yellow like beer is from weak light.
    Yes its like yellow rotten banana.
    Ok I just dont get it, sorry my lack english make me confuse sometime..

Thank's SM, be back later.

Administrator
    Rotten banana is brown. That is weak light.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information