+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My new setup ATS

Banned
    The screen material looks very thin. Do you think that the lack of attachment surface (roughness) may be affecting the type of growth ? Have you seen Floyds video on how to rough a screen up ?

Banned
    You should not be running the scrubber lights 24 hours/day. all plants need a dark period. With your LED setup, you probably should be running them 12 hours/day.

With such a small amount of fish in the tank, I'm guessing that you are not feeding much. Therefore, you are not going to get a lot of algae growth.

Your screen is 10" x 13" or 130 sq in, that's big enough for 10 cubes/day of feeding. Your screen is way oversized, which is why you are getting yellow growth. Important - just because you are not getting green growth does not mean the scrubber is not working!! The question you need to be asking is this: how does my tank look?

If your tank is free of algae, and your fish and corals are doing well, then everything is fine! Don't worry about the color of your algae so much!

Banned
    Hmm - I've been thinking about these "Alien Growth" screens recently. If that stuff was growing on the sand or rocks in a display it would be classified as cyano or dino's or both. I think a bit of thought should be put into rectifying this. The screen (at the top at least) is capable of green periphyton growth. Maybe an over abundance of DOC,s favouring mixotrophic species. Just a thought.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3021.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	4243

was like that.... but now its clear, I just wanna make sure everything before start to reefing again..
    slow for sure

Name:	kontener2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	4291
    1 week after since last scrubbed.
    its seem in the middle is not strong light ?

Name:	kontener.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	4292
    new look!

Name:	kontener3.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	4293
    fast food!

Administrator
    Middle is too strong. Needs more water flow, and wider reflectors. Also could do less hours light, and less days before cleaning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alum View Post
    Attachment 4291
    1 week after since last scrubbed.
    its seem in the middle is not strong light ?

Attachment 4292
    new look!

Attachment 4293
    fast food!
    Looks a lot better than last time. Things are on the up
    Have you checked your pH? Seems like the centre of the screen is suffering from an excess of something, but can't be light can it? Just trying to poke some holes in the conventional wisdom, no malice intended.

Banned
    This is a one sided screen isn't it? From your UAS thread, it appears it didn't cure your problem, hence the move to a waterfall type scrubber. What does the other side of this screen look like? I'm assuming a bit of algae has grown through the mesh and is also yellow in the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Middle is too strong. Needs more water flow, and wider reflectors. Also could do less hours light, and less days before cleaning.
    In the midle I used 410nm that for my experiment hehe.. now change to 445nm cause its recomended.
    flow water 2000 lt/h, is not enaugh??
    Now I add timer for the light. its 24/7 right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    Looks a lot better than last time. Things are on the up
    Have you checked your pH? Seems like the centre of the screen is suffering from an excess of something, but can't be light can it? Just trying to poke some holes in the conventional wisdom, no malice intended.
    I used to build UAS before and really succed with hair algaes grow, but after I make new ATS now there is no algae attach to UAS screen.

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/atta...4&d=1355268685
    This is from my UAS before. Do you think I should to install UAS than ATS ??

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    This is a one sided screen isn't it? From your UAS thread, it appears it didn't cure your problem, hence the move to a waterfall type scrubber. What does the other side of this screen look like? I'm assuming a bit of algae has grown through the mesh and is also yellow in the centre.
    Yes its only one side has the light, and also you are right only one side grow.
    I have no idea to add light on the other side cause I use 17watt already (single side) if more than that It will fry enaugh ??

PS: Sorry guys my lack english, I need translate in google sometime hehe

Banned
    I run mine about 18 hrs on 6 off. So, your LEDs are only 1 watt each? That's a bit underlit for a screen that size isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information