+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 180g Show Tank

Update. 28 months since going skimmer free just water changes, ATS, and 1/2 cup of carbon per week. Tank is doing awesome. I get a slight brown on the sandbed towards the end of the week after siphoning it takes about 3 days for it to show up again, minor nusiance other than that tank has done great.

Sorry Don't have as nice of camera and they turned out pretty blue but you can at least get an idea.

Super Moderator
    Very nice. Will be our Tank Of The Moment

Really a beauty

Congratulations

5 month update, This coming January 2015 will be the 3 year mark of ATS scrubber as main filtration, no skimmer:

I unfortunately lost the nice orange hammer coral during our vacation in August, had to replace it with a metalic orange one until I can get a better piece in the spring. I did a little re-arranging to get the LPS grouped more together, that left the other side mostly acans and zoas. Not sure I like it but will see.

Outside of the orange hammer, no other fish or coral losses. Tank has been doing steller overall. Scrubber does excellent job with my nitrates but the phosphates do start to creep up slowly. For now just add an extra water 40g water change to correct it. Exploring using Lacl3 in a reactor with floss periodically to handle the phosphates, don't plan to use it regularly just when the phosphates start to creep up on the .1 - .12 range when algae/cyano seems to start popping back up. Phosphate levels around .06 - .08 seems to be the sweet spot for my tank combination of decent growth and great colors when kept in that range.

So here is the fluffy side after rearranging:

The "Not so Fluffy" side:

And full tank shot to put it all back in perspective:

Not sure I'll keep it this way, likely will go back to a more even mix to try to keep it a little more balanced looking. Still fun to tinker.

Super Moderator
    Very nice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information