+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plastic Canvas and Mold-Release Wax Coating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    I contacted Darice and they have told me, thusfar, that "Item 33900-1 is made of linear low density polyethylene, commonly called LLDPE" (that's the 10x13 #7 clear screen) which will not be affected by a quick cleaning process. I asked about the wax residue and I haven't heard back yet.
    I posted this on RC but forgot to include it here. It is not PTFE.

PTFE is Teflon and they do not make cutting boards out of pure teflon, that is a non-stick coating.

Banned
    Another thing, irrelevant of how rough the material is initially, once the algae gets a foothold, it stays well attached. So the only difference here is how quickly it gets attached. I've had several customers have screen go from bare to full green in 5-7 days and others take months. Every system is different and this translates to differences in scrubber initial growth. So you can't throw one good one up as an example for everyone to have expectations for theirs unless you have another one in the same system to compare to.

Banned
    Another thing, irrelevant of how rough the material is initially, once the algae gets a foothold, it stays well attached. So the only difference here is how quickly it gets attached. I've had several customers have screen go from bare to full green in 5-7 days and others take months. Every system is different and this translates to differences in scrubber initial growth. So you can't throw one good one up as an example for everyone to have expectations for theirs unless you have another one in the same system to compare to.

is it depend how many nutrient in our tank that algae can consume?
    more nutrient more grow ?

how to attract algaes want attach to the screen beside screen roughed?

Banned
    Not necessarily.. we still dont fully understand why some screens take off and others dont.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information