+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Magnetic Field !

Banned
    Great article! Not sure how much it helps our needs, but I am also a huge bio-fuel/algae supporter and this seems like a huge advancement for that field. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Ace

I was wondering if it could have any effect like on SM's HOGs ?

Banned
    I came across this a while back and considered putting a couple of speakers near the screen and playing trance or house to my green stuff. Never got round to it though. Seems a bit crazy dont it, but you never know!

Banned
    I've noticed that hair algae in the tank often grows well on cables feeding heaters and powerheads.

I wonder if that is a similar effect?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy Pumpy View Post
    I've noticed that hair algae in the tank often grows well on cables feeding heaters and powerheads.

I wonder if that is a similar effect?
    I wonder that as well as my Koralia power cords that are in my sump are always covered with hair algae, more than anything else in the sump, so I think there is some validity to your question.

you could almost make a scrubber just out of power cords running to your pumps!

put them together under water, shine a light on them. ;-)

Banned
    Hmmm what about making the screen out of a reef safe, waterproof, clear, electromagnetic material. Perhaps superconductive. LOL.

Seriously though, that is very interesting. I have been on oilgae.com for a while but never read anything. I posted a while back on the optimal LED spectrum and got zero replies/response.

I could see this working on a horzontal dump-bucket scrubber, or a single-sided scrubber. Light/flow on one side, magnets on the other side, etc.

I suppose it could be done with a double-sided screen, but not exactly sure how. I'm sure some crazy mo fo will try it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Hmmm what about making the screen out of a reef safe, waterproof, clear, electromagnetic material.

Well you know that stuff that they use to make magnetic car signs and fridge magnet things with? I assume it is just flat magnetic material coated in plastic?

How about that?

Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information