+ Reply to Thread

Thread: would this work?

would this work?

lets say your slotted pipe is connected to your drain pipe but it has too much high flow for the slot. can i just put a gate valve on the end of the pipe to control the flow until the water is cascading the screen the way i want it too
    Click image for larger version

Name:	scrubber question.gif
Views:	238
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	4204
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want to do a bean animal setup with the ats connected to the full siphon. I don't see how all the water could go through the slot at a full siphon with the end capped. also if I understand correctly the pipe for the bean animal must go below the water line. has anyone done this with the bean animal and do you have pics?

Banned
    The slot pipe is not like an open-ended pipe which would allow the water to 'fall out' under it's own weight, allowing air to intrude and preventing the full siphon from occurring. With the screen inserted into the slot, and a high flow to the slot, all the air gets purged and the drain line fills up completely. So I think your proposed setup would work, but might take some fiddling.

Remember that unless you plan to shut down the return pump during cleaning, you will need to have a shutoff valve for the scrubber pipe, then your open channel will need to be able to handle the excess. This way you won't have to re-tune the siphon every time you have to clean the screen.

Make sure you have a light guard that stops algae from growing into the slot or you will have to be constantly adjusting your tuning. Black plastic bag material just draped over the pipe works great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information