+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOG1x

Administrator

HOG1x

Get the no-overflow advantage of an upflow scrubber: since it is ALL underwater, it can't overflow onto your floor.

Twice the light and power supply of the HOG1:
    http://www.santa-monica.cc/product.asp?itemid=38

Comments:

"I got the HOG1x on tank running for 3 weeks, looks very promising, brown dust on glass has been reducing since adding the ATS" -- RNgracias on the MASA site.

Rockhead on the CR site:

"Super Service on all levels; [HOG1x] as described. Everything nice!" -- silver_surfer_lu on ebay.

"I didn't really expect much from [the HOG1x] and put it in my sump. After about 3 weeks the algae was in abundance and now I have to clean it every 2 weeks" -- Jukeboxjury on the RF site.

"I do get quite good growth" -- Julian Watts

"The HOG1x is producing lots of lovely green algae for me" -- K19RKS on the UR site:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UasK19rksOnUR-1.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	6125

HOG1x: MarlonMcNeish:
    Attachment 5885

Selection chart:
    http://algaescrubber.net/WhichOne.jpg
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 06-22-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Administrator
    "My HOG1x is working great" -- Stefan Kolev

"HOG1x is growing thick and fast" -- Carl Knowles

Administrator
    "I got the HOG1x on tank running for 3 weeks, looks very promising, brown dust on glass has been reducing since adding the ATS" -- RNgracias on the MASA site.

Rockhead on the CR site:

"Super Service on all levels; [HOG1x] as described. Everything nice!" -- silver_surfer_lu on ebay.

"I didn't really expect much from [the HOG1x] and put it in my sump. After about 3 weeks the algae was in abundance and now I have to clean it every 2 weeks" -- Jukeboxjury on the RF site.

Administrator
    Here's a customer's HOG1 or 1x in saltwater, although it's also fine with freshwater because is does not have strings. The growth should eventually spread to the sides after a few more cleanings.

This amount growth is about average for saltwater. New tanks will usually be much less, and more of a brownish slime; older tanks can get thick sometimes, and fill up the compartment (but not always).

Name:	OshanickreefOnRC-1.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	7854

Administrator

Name:	IMG_8150.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	8216

Administrator
    HOG1 or 1x scrubber® pulled out of saltwater. The green is mostly Cladophora species. Below that is darker slime, caused by shading from the green (less light causes darker growth). Should probably clean a day or so earlier so that the dark occurs less; dark holds a lot of nutrients but will let go sooner and clog the holes. And a good brushing down to the white Green Grabber® surface is best.

Name:	UasMartyEnzOnFB-1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	8225

Administrator
    A very packed HOG1x from a saltwater system. The "X" looks neat, but not sure what caused it.

Name:	UasKamisreefOnIG-6.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	8233

Administrator
    Update: Since the Fusion 700 air pump is no longer available, the Danner AP-4 is now recommended for most scrubbers, except the SURF4 or 4x which can use a Danner AP-8, and the SURF8 which needs a large single-outlet pump.

Note that all HOG and DROP models have 1 air inlet, therefore the 2 outlets of the Danner AP-4 pump can be combined into 1 with a "T" or "Y" fitting, and this will give you a lot of air which can still be reduced with the control knob. If you don't want to combine the outlets, then the smaller Danner AP-3 pump has only 1 outlet, but it also does not have a control knob.

https://www.dannermfg.com/supreme-ox...lume-air-pumps

Administrator
    Small but mighty HOG1x scrubber® growth in saltwater.

Name:	UasKamisreefOnIG-3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	8294

Administrator
    This HOG1x growth is from saltwater, and could be brushed out or pulled out by hand. A brush is better here because of the darker slime growth on the outer areas. Also the holes in the bottom and sides, and the hole at the top, should be brushed clean, as well as the tubing at the bottom. When brushing the tubing, it helps to have the air running so you can see how well it is bubbling.

Name:	UasJohnKeiser-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	8370

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information