+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOG1 Issues

HOG1 Issues

I got a HOG1 through premium aquatics about a month ago now as the primary filtration for my acrylic 40g peacock mantis tank. Since I set it up the tank lights are on from 5pm to 11pm and when they turn off the UAS lights turn on for the 18 hour photocycle. The scrubber is setup level and the air pump meets the requirements outlined on the store info page for it. Every weekend when I go to check it expecting to have to remove growth so far I've been very disappointed. I've attached pics of the scrubber how it's setup in the tank as well as growth pics, so far I'm totally confused since the peacock is a huge pig and takes down several whole frozen silversides every 2-3 days which should actually exceed the 1 cube per day so it shouldn't be a lack of nutrients. Any idea why nothing is growing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hog2.jpg‎
Views:	330
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	4212   Click image for larger version

Name:	hog1.jpg‎
Views:	341
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	4211  

Banned
    Too much light, too many hours.. id start with 4-6 hrs a day. I was never able to go past nine hours without burning it all.

Administrator
    You have it upside down

The air tubing is supposed to come out the top, not the bottom...

Derps that would explain that. Flipped it around so guess I'll see where we are next weekend. Also looking at getting some more for other tanks....my stomapod addictions kinda getting crazy. Will the half cube one fit for the back compartment of the 28g nanocubes?

Administrator
    They are all the same width (5"), so I think it fits. Might need a slight trim.

After a week of having it setup properly I've noticed no real change in growth. I cut down the lighting time to 10 hours so I'll see where it is next weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information