+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garfs Horizontally Opposed Scrubber Test

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sklywag View Post
    So that tray is suspended from the side of your sump under your scrubber. Statement. Not a question.
    Question. Is it noisy having the water shallow under the screen? I don't have an ATO. I just fill it up when it gets to a certain level. Of course the more emersed the screen is the quieter it is because the water isn't falling as far.
    No noise at all. The waterfall screen is holding down the horizontal screen at the minute, so the waterfall screen is actually submerged about 3/4 inch. And because the tray is suspended, it doesn't move relative to the sump height.

Ah.... I think I see that in my head. Wish I didn't toss my old horizontal tray I had. I would try what you got going.

Seems I had more copepod production with the horizontal.

Hey Garf:

I am making something similar, but it is not a waterfall. It will be a plastic container that holds the screen fully submerged about an inch under water and the return from the sump will have a spray bar pushing the water through it with the light above the screen...

Cheers....

Banned
    Well, in general it's a bit of an old concept (horizontal scrubber). It seems as though folks were encouraged to have the screens out of the water, making the flow very thin (and fast).This obviously restricts algae movement but provides more flow. I might throw the return from the skimmer on it, opposed to the flow of the vertical screen, just to add a load of swirling goodness.

Banned
    Feeling pretty damned smug TBH not a huge harvest but this is just 1 weeks growth (second week from start up)

thats how my first scrubber grew, i floated it on top of my cpr fuge then i changed a bulb and it crashed for some reason into dinos

nice growth!
    whats your photoperiod?
    and what your consideration about led and CFL?
    looking the picture that you posted last page, looks like CFL is doing better...

Banned
    I think the difference is purely that the LED is directed to the waterfall screen, not the horizontal. The cfl light at least partially lights the horizontal, although nowhere near what it should be.Hopefully gonna get it fully lit and compare the waterfall and horizontal side by side.

Edit - 18 hr period

you only do 6 hours off?

Banned
    Yes. Always run like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information