+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Algae Turf Scrubber

18 on and 6 off

Update

Looks good, hows the growth with those lights? I've got one but haven't set it up yet.

Looking good so far,got the same amount of growth I got in the video,but it only took six days instead of two weeks

I'm using the same floodlight too, but warm white. Don't quite like using it as they heat up quite a lot. I believe mine already started to generate less light than when it's new, only 3 months usage. Also, I didn't like that the periphery of the screen is getting less light than the middle.

Your screen is smaller than mine though, it looks like it's getting quite a good spread over it. Hope to see your results soon.
    - Andy

Hi

When you say yours heat up quite a lot. How hot are we talking about ? Mine stay very cool even after been on for 18 hours

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    Hi

When you say yours heat up quite a lot. How hot are we talking about ? Mine stay very cool even after been on for 18 hours
    I don't have an exact measurement of the temp but I would say, I won't place my finger on the heatsink fins for more than 2secs.
    - Andy

WOW that's running hot then,with mine i can put my hand on it and its just to say warm,i can leave it there for as long as i like and it wont get so hot that i have to remove my hand.

Well, perhaps mine has really bad ventilation. It's enclosed in a glass compartment. I'm switchin lights anyway. And I would recommend this led floodlight to be honest haha. Not because it heats up, just that it doesn't cover or rather dont give proper spread of light
    - Andy

It sounds like there was something wrong for them to be getting that hot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information