+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final design

After doing a little more looking around, looks freakin close to this
    Cladophoropsis herpestica
    http://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLi...CritterID=2022

Never seen this stuff growing in my tank then BAM something new growing in my ATS
    I find algae amazing, it just seems come from out of no where

Administrator
    Almost all types of algae spores are in every tank. Whether they multiply or not depends on nutrients, flow, lighting, and attachment.

I'm also considering using a led strip. My intention is to split it in small pieces and glue them side-by-side on acrylic support.My strip is IP68, and I'd like to use it uncovered, very close to the screen. However, I' m not sure:
    1. how to strip the insulation from the copper electrical contacts at the cuttings ends
    2. How to re- apply insulation after connecting them i by wires

Do you have any advice or pictures?

Thanks,
    Val

hello,
    i just started a led ats using 5050 led strip http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...e-coment/page3
    some tips for led strips
    - the glue on the back is bad and the strip will come off easily, so make another way to hold them.
    - the strips will be slightly hot, so in the first week will smell funny, it you glue them with silicon they will smell very bad.
    my recommendation is to use regular strips not waterproof, and make something to waterproof them
    in the middle if you want you can use RGB strip to turn on the blue and red.

Thanks for the info!
    My strip has each LED in three colors(RGB). Did anyone consider an automated sequencing of each color(or maybe only R and B, like 5 seconds red and 1 blue), to get an uniform full spectrum ?
    It's easier to implement that mixing alternated R and B LEDs in a matrix, and also produces an uniform exposure of the screen to both R and B(for low-power LED strips , being so close to the screen, each LED color covers only a small area).

Do you have an update on this scrubber? I'm interested in how the 5050 type LEDs are working out for you

Any friend have another results? Really i have my doubt about this leds modules... now i'm working a new design for algae scrubber and i think use this modules red and blue . The new projet has more slim more pratice and the the electrical stay out of water...

Red (660nm) are apparently the most productive in producing algae. I started with fluorescents and switched to LEDs, no comparison in terms of production. LEDs also take a lot less space and are easier to use in tight places. I think almost any light will grow algae to a degree but the red LEDs are more efficient and productive.

So CrusinJimbo really the leds 660 is a better way to gronw algae my doubt is the Smd module 5050 the supplier not specify if this one is or no in 660 and this module have a better price ( in Brazil ) here this hardware is very expancive...

You can order 660s directly from Steve's LEDs, they ship internationally. And you would get good quality LEDs. I don't have faith in the 5050 SMDs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information