+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four months scrubber and nitrate and phosphate at same level

Four months scrubber and nitrate and phosphate at same level

I installed my scrubber 02/07/2013. Just recently I started collecting 5.2 oz algae every two weeks because I'm alternating scrubber sides for cleaning. The tank is doing wonderful the water can't be more clear and no nuisance algae at all but my phosphates is at .10 and nitrate at 3ppt. Only phosphate went down a little bit.Should I worry?

Banned
    As long as your tank is happy, you should be happy
    Algae screen pic would be good. May be some simple improvements to increase yield and reduce nitrate if needed.

Banned
    As long as those readings are stable I would not worry about them at all. They are perfectly acceptable IMO.

The readings are stable. I'm going to ask my son to post pictures. Thank you for replies.

Sometime I feel using scrubber only tranfer all microalgae which attach to glass tank and liverocks to screen, just for better look.
    I am not hoping too much for nitrat lower, I rely on liverocks to do it. CMIIW.

Banned
    N and P will take a while to pull all the way down. My tank conditions went down over the last year while testing the UAS and now that my waterfall scrubber is on it the conditions are steadily improving, N & P still not zero, but corals are recovering/opening and coralline is growing all over the place.

I up grated from a 55gls to 185 seven months a go. I used new sand (DSB) and it took me like four months to introduce all remaining live rocks. I was focus on eliminating another cycle witch I accomplished but had issues with nuisance algae. Right now, I have 200 lbs live rocks in the main tank plus 20 lbs in refugium. My nitrates level are 3ptt steady since day one. Scrubber brought down phosphate a little bit and eliminated my algae problem. I believe new rocks were in the process of curing when I bought them and still releasing nitrates?

I'm amazed on the results of a scrubber. I have all kind of coraline colors in my tank. Thank you all of you who takes the time and effort to make this work, giving us the options of buying from you or DIY.

Administrator
    IF LR had a lot of life in it, when the life dies is will put some nitrate and phosphate into the water. But more phosphate can be stored in LR if it was in high-phosphate water; if this was the case, then phosphate will continue to come out for months.

So, if store where I'm buying LR is buying from local people that's not transporting LR properly that will be the case your talking about? My son met a guy where he works that go reefing collecting live stocks illegally from ocean and admit he sells them to local stores. This is very common here in Florida.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information