+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Four months scrubber and nitrate and phosphate at same level

Banned
    Nice. Someone should turn him in. It's people like him that are the reason this whole NOAA reclassification thing is being shoved down everyone's throats without rational consideration.

Those people don't care what's going on, but just consider the person who own the store, they support themselves from people on this hobby, I wonder if they ever stop to think about the cause of their actions.

Banned
    Just turn them in to Fish and Wildlife. I would in a second if I knew of something like that going on. That type of blatant illegal activity gives everyone/entire hobby a bad name and gives fuel to the anti-aquarium crowd to push more legislation based on emotion rather than facts.

http://myfwc.com/contact/wildlife-alert/

Administrator
    Local rock is probably better because it did not travel as far.

I don't know the idiot. He was at a Midas as a client and over heard my son that works there talking about our tank, when he informed my son what he's selling to the LFS on the area. Now I'm concern of what I'm buying at the LFS. Good to know Santa Monica that the steady nitrate level have nothing to do with this.

Banned
    If you have both N and P after 4 months of scrubbing, as long as it's not going up, just stay on course. Increase flow if you can. Re-reading your OP it looks like you have more P than N (P=0.10 is considered high by some, N=3ppm is considered low by most) then I would check Potassium (Salifert test kit) and start dosing that if you are low. You want K at 380 minimum. If you boost that up, you will probably see a drop in P.

Thank you Floyd, I will try that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information