+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UAS design for FW

Administrator
    The 2-sided is good. If you turn it, you can use one UFO light to reach both sides with mirrors.

If you can build a bubble-box with holes, it will be better than an airstone. Make it so you can remove it for cleaning.

I don't think the full-spectrum lights are needed; just reds and some blue.

I don't seem to understand about turning the screen to get the light on the back screen, care to elaborate a little bit more after long and hard decisions, think I'll just go with the q cfl lights of around 20-30+ watts per bulb.

Administrator
    If you put the mirrors around the screen like the tent, one light will reach both sides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	4377

Are you saying as the above attached picture? but would the screen be horizontal or vertical, based on the picture.

Administrator
    Screen is vertical. Light shines on the edge of the screen.

Or you can use ribbons.

hello again,

im only a few more weeks away from getting my new 180gal tank. based on the previous mirror tent design of UAS of a 12"x15" screen. i will be using one UFO led grow light. which wattage would be suggested? is 90watts sufficient for this or would i have use a larger one?

regards,
    Jad

soo excited for this new tank. hehe!

Administrator
    Two smaller ones, to cover the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Two smaller ones, to cover the screen.
    hello SM,

from your previous post to me was to do one UFO light in the middle like the pic on the left. now you are advising me to have 2 small UFO led lights like the pic on the right?

im not debating here or anything, im still learning. so please confirm with me. not shooting anyone

but what would the recommended wattage be for such screen? i know its suppose to be 180 watts but im still unsure about the led wattage since the calculator only tells me that its something amount of led at 3watts each. the UFO led lights that i found are only ranging at 1watt each at a total of 90watts. so should i be using 45watts each if i were to get 2 or one at 90 or 180? but the other problem that will occur is the size of the UFO led lights which is 10" in diameter and the compartment size is at 10" in length.

another question is about the bubbles, since the sump pump return to the tank will be flowing at roughly 2000 litres per hour, would i still need a bubbler for the screen, if so why?

really sorry for the questions.

regards,
    Jad

[QUOTE=jaddis18;32206]Attachment 4377

Seems I didn't attach a pic in my prev post. So I just took it from my old post.

I now understand the purpose of bubbles for UAS.

Is it possible to use just 1 UFO light? What would the recommended wattage be? 90 or 180? Since I will be placing it infront of the tent and not above.

Regards,
    Jad

Administrator
    15" is probably too wide for one ufo. Two smaller ones would be better. You can try one though.

45 watts is probably enough for the whole screen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information