+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I found the answer..

I found the answer..

Well after dealing with many algae problems and nutrients issues i finally found a way on running and sps tank over stocked with fish to do exelent. It all started with this guy name paul b. that has a 400 gallon cube like tank which was reefkeeping tank of the month and on his video he shows his filtration and i saw that he was running a skimmer, bio pellets, and an algae scrubber so i say hell with it ill try it. So i installed a pellet reactor and full aount for a 200 gallon tank dr tim np pearls and a hudge skimmer like 3 times over size for my tank and hook the Turbo Aquatics Scrubber i already had and since then my tank has completlly gone from bad to great. i started the pellets and the skimmer for anout 4 weeks and then i put the scrubber on line. results are 0 nitrates and 0.02 phosphates on hana and this is because im feed pellets 4 times a day and two cubes of frozen a day so i can keep nutrients on the tank also keep in mind i have a lot of fish for a 185 gallon tank and this is keeping up like a champ. i know some of you guys dont think this works together but i proved other wise same as paul be and a few others.. i think scrubbers are great by them self for an lps/softies tank and maybe a few tuff sps like digis or birdnest but not for full blown sps tanks and we need to state this on this site instead of misleading info..and i will say it again a scrubber only SPS tank will not be succesful on an sps tank multiple filtration is the key.

Is there a site location we can see this cat's aquarium/subsystem photos? Not that I'm questioning any claim...actually...I support it. I just want to see the beauty of it myself, if it is what you speak of. I had the same intentions for the outcome of my new build. Max filtration! Everything that science and experimentation has provided us. Come with the big guns! I feel if we take a step back and look at the big picture and take everything into account you will prove better in the end. That's the way it works with everything in life. Everything in moderation. No offense those of you who are extremists...

I'm surprised that he has such a nitrate factory in his display that it takes bio pellets and a scrubber to keep them low. As from what I read is that carbon dosing is mostly for removing nitrate. At some point I would be concerned that his system will be nitrate limited and not do well at removing phosphates. Maybe it is his water changes and the large skimmer that is keeping phosphates down?

bubble king! wow!

Banned
    Glad to hear man.. you've been fighting forever. I think you can do without the pellets do.. the skimmer is probably what did it... I know mine did

Quote Originally Posted by iiluisii View Post
    i think scrubbers are great by them self for an lps/softies tank and maybe a few tuff sps like digis or birdnest but not for full blown sps tanks and we need to state this on this site instead of misleading info..and i will say it again a scrubber only SPS tank will not be succesful on an sps tank multiple filtration is the key.
    Exactly! Only digis and birdsnest are thriving in my tank. Some acros are looking week, others die within a month after introduction.
    Have to plan on more filtration methods...
    Good skimmer should be next I suppose. Current "aerator" is not up to task.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information