+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SURF2 and SURF2

Administrator
    They are just manually made with glue and plastic. You could use the overhead lightbox ones too.

OK, I thought you were using something special, so a prismatic diffuser would do ? as I already have a sheet of that i can cut down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Devs View Post
    OK, I thought you were using something special, so a prismatic diffuser would do ? as I already have a sheet of that i can cut down.
    Devs - is your tank considered to be a high nutrient tank? If not, you may need bigger holes cut in the bottom, to get some more flow through it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    So they don't consume any meat ish stuff, whatsoever ?
    I can't say with 100% certainty, but I can't find any info on them eating any type of meat. The opposite actually, they require algae to live.

The Lettuce Nudibranch is a very interesting and useful creature. It helps tackling the unnecessary growth of algae. The Lettuce Nudibranch is photosynthetic in nature, and gets benefits from the chloroplast in their tissue from the algae they eat. It sucks in the chlorophyll contents of algae, and then incorporates that chlorophyll into their own tissues. It belongs to the family Elysiidae. The Lettuce Nudibranch is closely reassembled to a lettuce leaf, which is why it is named the Lettuce Nudibranch. It reaches a maximum size of 3 inch and is very hardy. The Lettuce Nudibranch is passive in nature, and is more active during day time and less at night time. There are no distinctive features that differentiates male from, female. The reef tank should be maintained with 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit for the proper growth and development of the Lettuce Nudibranch. It is a bright green color with ruffles across its back. It has an elongated oval shaped body and due to presence of ruffles it increases its surface area in order to absorb more oxygen for respiration. The Lettuce Nudibranch destroys and eliminates the growth of algae by foraging on live rocks and aquarium glass. Thus, it helps keeping the environment clean and clear. It is non venomous and a very hardy species, which makes it a terrific addition to any reef tanks. The aquarium needs to have some live rocks which serve as a natural shelter for the Lettuce Nudibranch. They belong to Gastropods class who are snail like creature and do not possess any shell for their protection. The Lettuce Nudibranch is very peace loving and gets along with other inhabitants. It surely makes the aquarium more attractive with its interesting appearance and function.
    And

http://www.freshmarine.com/lettuce-nudibranch.html
    As the name suggests, Lettuce Nudibranch - Bryopsis - Eating Nudibranch feeds exclusively upon Bryopsis Algae and is therefore, Herbivorous in its feeding habit.

Administrator
    The first four Surf2 lighting units... in a bucket of hot water for their last overnight test...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Surf2-water-test.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	4401

Yesterday I fixed the green-grabber material in the box...

Will be trying a different way of doing this on the next one ! I have an idea

Administrator
    Growth sequence pics of the first 13 days are now posted on page 1:
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...ll=1#post32187

Administrator
    The last of the pre-order SURF2 units is shipping today; regular orders are now available at:

http://www.santa-monica.cc/product.asp?itemid=40

excellent, at last a solution to the noise problems. the previous models were far to noisy for home use, this unit looks amazing

... and just paid for one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information