+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwell Time, and Plastic Canvas vs. Green Grabber

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    I think the true test of this idea would be to put a scrubber on a high nutrient tank (any scrubber) and let it grow in a restricted volume environment. In a way, I had planned on doing something like this with my grand experiment plan, which will probably never happen because I don't have the time. But anyone could take their scrubber and make this happen - except those that feed their waterfall scrubber directly from their overflow (must be a pump-fed scrubber)
    Put the scrubber in a restricted environment, then what? What would the test be?

Banned
    See how much algae grows, and measure the nutrient level of the water to see how much uptake there was. Or send the algae off to a lab to have it tested.

Banned
    I ran my waterfall L2 30 min on 30 min off continuous and the growth was not as strongly attached, actually to the point where when I cleaned it, it came completely off leaving an almost bare screen that essentially had to partially restart, but it recovered very well under 12 on/12 off and is growing much more solid now

The only reason to do a split photoperiod is when you start from a bare screen and have zero growth after a week or so. At least that has been my experience and that generally applies only to waterfall scrubbers. But if I were to TRY to translate that to UAS use, I would say that you want to back off on the light exposure to 4 on 4 off continuous instead of 4 on / 1 off.

And +1 on pics, might help to start a thread on your specific setup and scrubber so that it doesn't get intermingled into this particular thread topic

Your right, I should have started a different topic, my apologies. I initially just wanted to say you might be on to something with your concern about volume and what I am attempting to do with mine to address those issues, not with a troubleshooting intent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information