+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative to using pvc?

Alternative to using pvc?

I was wondering if I took a Tupperware bin and cut a slit in the bottom for my screen to slide through for a waterfall scrubber would it work? If it did it would make it easier to remove the screen to clean it.

Banned
    There was someone on Nano-Reefs I believe that made such a scrubber for a biocube. It has an acrylic tray with a racetrack-shaped cutout, then the screen hung from another piece of acrylic that had a narrow slot cut in it, so he just set that slotted acrylic in the tray and water flowed to that slot and fell down the screen.

So the answer is yes

Thanks! I'm going to try it and I will post if it works. Bud by the way I love all your posts. I've been researching algae scrubbers for quite a while!

Administrator
    Welcome.

Search for "SimonSKL scrubber"

It did work to do as I described. I used a 1 gallon pvc bucket and had to fiddle a little with the slot but I got it working. The only downside to it is the splashing noise that comes from the water falling into the bucket. If I were to redo it (which I might) I would make the pipe that puts the water into the bucket lower so there was less of a splashing noise

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information