+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How come???

How come???

Im curious to know why not everyone in the aquarium field is not jumping on board. Seems to easy not to do it and it's part of an actual reef system then trying to add all these additives. anyone have insight??

Banned
    They will eventually. There is a lot happening in this field. When refugiums first were introduced, it took quite a while (years) for the hobby to "embrace it". The same goes for any new or revamped form of filtration. Modern scrubbers are well on their way down this path. I have several (what I consider) high profile customers who have really embraced the algae scrubber concept.

If you want to get a good idea of where this idea used to be at, in the minds of many, read one of the flame-throwing threads, like this one:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/...verything.html

Read it from the beginning. This is the thread that got me on to scrubbers - I was getting periodic e-mail from RS and one of them was "most viewed" or "most popular" threads, and this one was #2 on that list.

If you read the plethora of threads about algae scrubbers now, you don't see this rhetoric and mudslinging being thrown around anymore. That is progress.

Hahaaa.. No kidding. Used to hide the fact I had a scrubber on my tank. People would come over for something and ask why my tank was so quiet or just want to see my sump area. Their eyes would bulge out when they saw the scrubber then tell me how my tank is going to crash in a couple of months.
    Now there's open talk about them and even suggesting to others to add them to their filter systems.

Banned
    Yup...I remembered something else this morning, the thread on RC got voted Thread of the Month about 6 months after srusso started it. How about that for a turnaround. It was actually a landslide too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information