+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrubber Slot Noise

Scrubber Slot Noise

Have my scrubber running for a couple days now. Its on a 155g with 60g sump. I have it fed off my overflow drains with one 23w cfl on each one. Since I have 2 overflows I split the scrubber into two screens each sized at 10x10 or so. I am receiving a decent amount of gurgling/bubbling where the water comes out of the slot. Does this mean my pressure is too high/low? How would I go about reducing it? I played around with the slot length by shortening it, didn't help much got worse. I tried lengthening it but due to not changing the screen size, on either side of the screen there is water that falls directly to the sump(I know this is contributing quite a bit). This is all on a new tank that is currently cycling. If my sizing and light requirements are not correct, what would be? I will be switching to the UFO led grow lights they sell on ebay.

Banned
    Your overflow might have air and water mixed together coming down the pipe and this is what is gurgling out of the slot. When you get some growth on the screen this might cause the water to 'back up' a little in the overflow pipe and then you may not have as much air mixed in at the slot.

Just a guess. Hard to tell without being there but it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Your overflow might have air and water mixed together coming down the pipe and this is what is gurgling out of the slot. When you get some growth on the screen this might cause the water to 'back up' a little in the overflow pipe and then you may not have as much air mixed in at the slot.

Just a guess. Hard to tell without being there but it makes sense

Makes sense, I have durso pipes in there now from the previous owner, I was making the assumption is this the quietest its going to be. I noticed quite a bit of flushing noise at the top. After doing some research it looks like i'll be trying out the stockman. My scubber is starting out super slow. I think this is due to 1.Lack of Nutrients, 2. tank is still in the process of cycling. After 3-4 days I am starting to see some feint brown color.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information