+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone hear using scrubbers exclusivly?

Anyone hear using scrubbers exclusivly?

oher than LR/LS and my cleanup crew, I am interested in running my new 125 system exclusivly on a scrubber. I have a Phos/carbon reactor and a skimmer on standby already hooked up and ready to go. but idealy I was wondering if the scrubber could do it all?

And if needed, I can always add another scrubber either remotely, or on the opposite side of the sump/I got plenty room for upgrades.

Re: Anyone hear using scrubbers exclusivly?

Hey Nep,

Glade you made it over here. Welcome to the dark side as you like to put it. I am glade to see you got those lights going. I think your scrubber will do just fine.

On the subject,
    I am only using a scrubber. I have not run carbon in some time. I think I might to see if the water clears up any. You know how things are, when you see them every day you get used to them and thier suttle changes. I am just courious if carbon clears up the water any. The tank is nice and clear.(well to me it is)

Anyway, that is a nice scrubber you got there. Good Luck on the tank.

Oh, I think you the observer will get a kick out of the life that will grow in your tank with just a scrubber. That is if you don't fire up your skimmer. I have bugs no one can identify. I don't know if they are good or bad. :lol:

Indeed I am powerful, as the emperor has foreseen.

I payed $150 for this used skimmer, and hope I will never have to turn it on. I would like to think of it as an "emergency panic button" one of those in case of emergency break glass sort of things.

Even though my craftsmanship is somewhat grade school on the acrylic cutting/bonding. It was new territory and next time it will be nicer looking. The design is sound, the only thing i can do better is choosing a thicker screen, or doubling up on the one I already have. Im pleased how this lighting system will be extremely potent, you can get them at lowes in the outdoor lighting section for about $45. The large sump means I can add a second one easily. Im pretty stoked to keep you all updated on the progress. cross your fingers I never have to turn on the skimmer XD

ive just set a 130 uk gallon reef up , and with the advice of a few guys on heres thats all my system runs on two screens light both sides 10 inches square , and i hace not lost any thing , i also add 80kilos of live rock and 20 kilos of live sand , so this all helps with filtration , but i will not be using any thing else ,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information