+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: red/blue led grow bulb

red/blue led grow bulb

what do you guys think of this bulb

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-LED...trum---ONE.asp

if you know of a better bulb let me know thanks

Administrator
    That's the best one I've seen yet. 13 LED watts, and it's spread out over a wide area.

Banned
    That is a pretty good looking lamp. $30, all LEDs are low power though, < 0.1w ea, but looks like a 6" diameter so this is a good replacement for a CFL flood, better than the other one with similar form factor but with Orange mixed in, I think Ace tried that one and it was a fail.

If you were to use this on a scrubber I think it would have to be as close as you can get it, 2" maximum from screen, and only good for 6x6 screen max, but I suppose it remains to be seen what it can actually do.

For reference, a 6x6 screen would need 36 W total of CFL for normal intensity, and 72W total (36W per side) for high intensity. I think at best this lamp might meet the normal intensity guideline. That would mean that instead of an 18W CFL per side, one 13W LED per side. That's being conservative on the actual intensity output being about 1.5x that of a CFL

You gonna try one out Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    That is a pretty good looking lamp. $30, all LEDs are low power though, < 0.1w ea, but looks like a 6" diameter so this is a good replacement for a CFL flood, better than the other one with similar form factor but with Orange mixed in, I think Ace tried that one and it was a fail.

If you were to use this on a scrubber I think it would have to be as close as you can get it, 2" maximum from screen, and only good for 6x6 screen max, but I suppose it remains to be seen what it can actually do.

For reference, a 6x6 screen would need 36 W total of CFL for normal intensity, and 72W total (36W per side) for high intensity. I think at best this lamp might meet the normal intensity guideline. That would mean that instead of an 18W CFL per side, one 13W LED per side. That's being conservative on the actual intensity output being about 1.5x that of a CFL

You gonna try one out Nick?

I agree on that it might be .75 watt equivalent instead of .5 led watts for these

however given the perfect spectrum for photosynthesis (hits A and B). Who knows?

I mean this is for growing garden plants and they require a lot of light and the leds are really close together.

I don't think I'll try it soon though.

how about this 1 watter!http://www.lightinthebox.com/e27-par...FVCf4AodvisA-A

not specific on spectrum nm though

Banned
    That bulb in the first post does NOT work at all. I tried 2 of them for about 6 months trying to make them work.. I ended up putting 2 23w CFLs back in and the screen exploded with growth within days. I had high hopes for the bulb, but unfortunately I can't recommend them. They create a very tight spotlight so they have to be moved back at least 12" on either side to fill a screen, at that point they are not intense enough, and adding a diffuser also blocks too much light to make them useful.

Banned
    Ace I thought you used the one with orange in it?

Banned
    Nope, the bulbs I got stated they were 660nm/460nm, but when I tested them under a spectrometer the reds were actually 630nm. Still red, but not 'deep red'.

Looks at these 2 links, pretty much the same bulb (I would put $ on they are Mfg in the same chinese factory), different specs on the LEDs. One is correct, the other is lying.

http://www.amazon.com/Counts-Lot-Hyd...6758798&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-plant-lig...758798&sr=8-12

I think I will try that PAR46 bulb i posted it says its comparable to a 40 watt cfl!

5.75 inch diameter bulb is pretty big should have a good spread

So, Ace would you say that the 168 led bulb was burning the screen when it was too close?

Banned
    It was just too weak.. I use a full size screen, and 8" away from the screen I still had a 6" spotlight over a 10x13 screen. It barely grew in the spot, nothing on the outside. If I pulled it away far enough or diffused it nothing grew. For me it doesn't even do as good as a 23w CFL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information