+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: red/blue led grow bulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    It was just too weak.. I use a full size screen, and 8" away from the screen I still had a 6" spotlight over a 10x13 screen. It barely grew in the spot, nothing on the outside. If I pulled it away far enough or diffused it nothing grew. For me it doesn't even do as good as a 23w CFL.
    yea I guess .07 (christmas lights)watts per led just doesn't have the depth no matter how many there are. probably would need to be an inch or 2 away for growth but then there would be no spread.

Administrator
    Yes it does.

This site has some better prices for the 225 led http://www.thelashop.com/led-grow-lights/

I bought the PAR 46 bulb Nick28 mentioned on reply #9. I removed the lenses from blue led and know the bulb doesn't go on. Why?

Banned
    Did it come off easily, or did you have to wiggle it quite a bit? If the latter, you might have busted it. The whole array or just one one LED?

When I remove screws from cover plate all optics just splatter all over the table.

Quote Originally Posted by elveloz View Post
    When I remove screws from cover plate all optics just splatter all over the table.
    The optics actually fit into slight depressions in the cover plate on these types of lamps. You put the cover plate face down on a flat surface and place the optics in them, then to put the plate back on you have to very carefully put the base over it so that everything lines up.

I changed the optics in a PAR 38 recently from 90degrees to 120 degrees doing this.

Note: the optics also act as a spray and water barrier as well. if you don't have them there, you will eventually short out the LEDs.

If you wiggled the LED's at all you could have broken a wire somewhere. This would cause it to not work.

Thank you rleahaines, I follow your instructions, it took me like 1 hour but I reline the optics and now it's working again. I was trying to remove optics because I'm only having algae grow at the center of screen, but bulb doesn't work without optics unless any other way of doing this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information