+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY Led ATS

Banned
    You don't want it to build up in stagnant areas. If you can keep it circulating all the time (so that you have to buildup) then it might become food. But sitting on the bottom of the tank an collecting is not good.

Administrator
    Detritus can only feed the corals if it is floating around. If it is setting on the bottom, it needs to be broken up by clean up crew. Or stirred up with a pump.

Last cleaning after 8 days. Algae become more present at the screen and much hard to harvest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New Image.jpg‎
Views:	343
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	4851  

Everyting is so great by now. Algae is becoming more green.
    If i chage screen with new one because i want to make it a litlle bit longer what will happend? Did ATS will need also 2-3 monts befour start to "eat" nitrates and phosphate?

Banned
    Yes, if you change the screen, you start over. But, you can cut your old screen into strips and attach those to the new screen, this will "seed" the new screen. The new screen will still need a month or so to get to full filtration capacity (i.e. holes filled in, algae firmly attached) but it will filter better than a brand new screen during that time period

Morioka, I am interested in the performance of your LED light. Still doing well? How about fan noise? You still happy with it? I am using CFLs and need too shrink the footprint of my ATS. thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information